In preparation for your meeting with our estate planning professional, please use the checklist below. These items will aid in the estate planning process:
Estimated net worth statement:
- Identify which assets are owned by you individually, individually by your spouse, jointly with your spouse, or jointly with others.
- Real Estate (include the amount of any outstanding mortgage or indebtedness)
- Business entities (such as a C corporation, S corporation, LLC, partnership, including your percentage of ownership)
- Retirement Accounts, including IRAs and 401(k)s*
- Life Insurance Coverage (Owner, Beneficiary, Death Benefit)*
- Payable on Death (POD) and Transfer on Death (TOD) Accounts*
Estate Planning Documents
- A copy of your most recent estate planning documents (even if outdated)
- * Will
- * Power of Attorney
- A copy of any trust which you or your spouse created or are a beneficiary, along with a list of trust holdings or a recent statement if available.
* Please provide beneficiary designation information for these assets if applicable
Hilliard Lyons Trust Company, LLC
500 W. Jefferson St. | Suite 700
Louisville, KY 40202
502.588.8400 | 888.878.7845
312 Walnut St. | Suite 3120
Cincinnati, OH 45202
513.345.5251 | 800.884.1750
110 Main St.
Evansville, IN 47708
812.428.5147 | 888.426.1481
J.J.B. Hilliard, W.L. Lyons, LLC (Hilliard Lyons) and Hilliard Lyons Trust Company, LLC are affiliated companies. Neither Hilliard Lyons nor Hilliard Lyons Trust Company provide individualized tax, accounting or legal advice. This piece is intended for general educational purposes. Please consult your accountant or attorney for personal tax, accounting or legal advice.
© 2018 J.J.B. Hilliard, W.L. Lyons, LLC.